Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Days of Thunder Day 2+3

The last 2 days we have been sessioning the DOT big jumps at the top of Hafjell bike park. Yesterday was the DH relay race.. here is a cool clip from the day.
I got put on team North America cos I am the only dude from down under and I spend so much time over there anyway! So it was me, Jordie Lunn, Thomas Vanderham and my Gravity team mate Eric Porter. We had to choose what section of the track to ride and I chose a super fast flowy section with lots of berms which was perfect for the Turner 5-spot. We ended up winning the race infront of the Norwegian locals. Good times!

Days of Thunder 2009-VideoBlog Day#2 from LowFiBicycleClub on Vimeo.



Then last night we sessioned the huge booters for the first time. The nerves were running high and some of the run-ins were super soft and it was hard to judge speed. Today we headed up for an evening sesh and the jumps had been prepped, watered and it was all go. It was a sick session and I was stoked to get the 17m jump under my belt.

Getting a ride up to the top of the jumps:

Brrrraaaap...
10 m gap on right.. 17m gap on left.
DH Relay race.. The winning team ..

No comments: